Rifle/ Hand Gub sales to military

Bryan2525

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
369   0
Reaction score
Can a Georgia resident sell a rifle/hand gun to the spouse of a military person stationed in Georgia.
I could only find a reference to the military personell (individual) only in the statute.

However, I did see that the spouse of a military member stationed in Georgia can apply and obtain a GWL.

If you could site the statute I would feel more comfortable.

the second is not true. Columbia county specifically states this on their website.

ETA: I emailed the GC website head honcho and inquired about this; he told me that it wasnt true after consulting with his legal team.

Last edited:
I did a little more research - I checked on the Georgia AG site - spouses/dependants can apply for GWL when they themselves meet the residency requirements. So what I read was incomplete.

So at this point - looks like I can sell to the active duty member and not the spouse.

Looked on the Georgia Carry site - under FAQ's 7th question from the bottom - misleading.

Still looking for the answer/statute can I sell to an active duty military spouse stationed in Georgia - has an out of state license.

Back
Top Bottom