• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Riding Mower Axle Assembly Removal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrox

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fancy Man of Cornwood
477   1
Reaction score
I have a Troy Bilt Horse riding mower. The RH Axle Assembly is rusted/frozen shut. Anyone have any tips on how to get this thing out? I have been beating on it with a hammer for 10 mins and have had 0 luck.

Part #24 in the pic below is what I am referencing.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
I would think if you sprayed it with lots wd40 penetration oil it would come right off. Is the nut stuck or just the axle shaft stuck? If the nut is stuck you might need to heat it up. If its just the shaft try leaving the nut just flush with the threaded part of the shaft and hit it with a hammer. I'm not sure if this will help, but I hope so.

Whatever you do, DO NOT HIT THE TOP OF THE SPINDLE. It will mushroom and never fit through the bushing without being cut off. Lube the snot out of it, put a pipe on the wheel axle for leverage and start working in back and forth.

Whatever you do, DO NOT HIT THE TOP OF THE SPINDLE. It will mushroom and never fit through the bushing without being cut off. Lube the snot out of it, put a pipe on the wheel axle for leverage and start working in back and forth.

Too late lol. PB Blaster and a sledge hammer got it loose. I will scrub the crap out of it with a wire brush, clean up and lube it. Thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom