Revolver Help

vwthing1

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
39   0
Reaction score
Posted this in gun smiting, but thought I would post here looking for help.

Ok, after much research, debate and contemplation, I made the decision to buy a 9mm revolver. I debated the 357/38 option and only decided to go the 9mm route to stick with the other 9's in the current stockpile.

Working on a limited (by the wife) budget, and not seeing many 9 revolvers pop up on ODT, I bought a new Taurus 905. Please do not tell me I should have bought this Smith or that Ruger. We are past that point now and unless you are willing to trade me a Smith 929 or a Ruger Blackhawk convertible, let's move forward.

So, I pick up the new gun, installed the 5 rounds into the moonclips and dropped it into the cylinder, went to close the cylinder and it would not close. After looking a lot of reviews on the 905, everyone was complaining about the moonclips not holding the rounds securely. Mine were stiff as hell and the rounds would not begin to fall out. (I know they are new and would be tight, but...) Was going to buy the TK moon clips, but hate spending more money if the problem is a spacing issue.

Tried all the other clips provided and nothing allowed the cylinder to close. Took the rounds out and dropped the into the cylinder with out the clips and bingo closes up nice and tight. during my research I found that the revolver will shoot with out the clips, but decided not t o try this in case I needed to send it back. (did not want Taurus to say I screwed something up)

So my question to all the wheel gun experts. What am I missing here? I am stumped at this point. Short of sending it back to Taurus and waiting 2 months what else should I be looking at? I have shot revolvers in the pass and was going the revolver route for reliability. (So much for that idea)

Thoughts, comments and suggestions welcomed.

Sending it back to Taurus is a no-go.

I had a serious and obvious problem with a brand new Taurus M66 revolver. After sending it back they did absolutely nothing to it. They sent it back with the exact same problem.

Then I spent a week on the phone begging them to just sell me the part that it needed (ejector).

No dice. They wouldn't even let me pay them money for a part that was defective on a brand new gun.

I still can't believe it.

That was my very first Taurus, and also my last ever Taurus.

I went through a 9mm revolver phase some years back (BlackHawk & SP101) and now look back and realize was a retarded move... probably the same way I'll feel about my current AK phase in 3 or 4 years.

I think you may be right with the "it just a phase your going through" comment. regardless I am out $400 and haven't shot the first round. Kinda pisses you off if you know what I mean.

Sending it back to Taurus is a no-go.

I had a serious and obvious problem with a brand new Taurus M66 revolver. After sending it back they did absolutely nothing to it. They sent it back with the exact same problem.

Then I spent a week on the phone begging them to just sell me the part that it needed (ejector).

No dice. They wouldn't even let me pay them money for a part that was defective on a brand new gun.

I still can't believe it.

That was my very first Taurus, and also my last ever Taurus.

Trying to avoid sending it back if I can. I did a little smithing on one of the clips last night (by a little I mean 2 hours with a hand file) and I could get the cylinder to close and the action to revolve. We are getting closer. I don't have a micrometer, but I would say the clip is close to half the thickness it was before.

Back
Top Bottom