• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retiring at 62, Insurance ?

Insurance is out there …I have had a couple retire recently and get insurance from a local agent that they said was comparable to our work plan and about the same premium
I don't know how long it last though. state farm use to offer temp health insurance, I got it once between jobs but they no longer do. And it was never anything you'd renew or have an open enrollment for. Just temp. I was single back then and premiums were what they would be if you didn't have a company paying part of your insurance for you.

My BIL just retired at 55 after 25 years with the same big corporation . He was told for 10 years that he'd get to continue the BC/BS plan they had. His wife, my SIL, is a high consumer of medical insurance, she's a skinny white female, but does have legitimate issues.

When he went to HR to exit the big corporation he found out that his BC/BS premiums would eat 25% of his nest egg for the next ten years.

I encouraged him to look at the "exchange" i.e. Health.Gov. Of a medishare plan.

Paying over $2500K/month just for the coverage is crazy, then paying a $10K deductible, then 20% after that?

ObamaCare only took care of the insurance companies.

I know I don't get that much money from administering anesthesia.

I work in healthcare. Medi-share does work. Im clinic based and I do not make hospital visits.

For our clinic, my patients pay up front for their office visit and any procedures during that visit.
We then provide them with a receipt, which is submitted to Medi-share by the patient, and then they are reimbursed through Medi-share,

One of my patients utilized Medi-share from 60-65 and he never complained about it.

Now you know why there are so many old school bus drivers. They get full medical.

Good friend of mine, West Point graduate, engineer, got downsized. Had enough money (and wife) to live off of, but went to work part time at Home Depot for the insurance.

I’m one of the lucky ones. I can retire at 62 and carry my insurance from work they will deduct the cost from my pension. If not I would be working 3 more years

Back
Top Bottom