• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retiring at 62, Insurance ?

Not possible, its called the Affordable Care Act for a reason
Our definition of "affordable" are different than the government's definition.
With rates this high for even minimum coverage, it is no wonder many go without coverage.
Have been told the cost to a small business to provide coverage for a small group is almost as expensive :(

Our definition of "affordable" are different than the government's definition.
With rates this high for even minimum coverage, it is no wonder many go without coverage.
Have been told the cost to a small business to provide coverage for a small group is almost as expensive :(
Still waiting on my 2500 a year savings, lost my dr too, took him about 5 years to start taking my insurance again.

I already told my boys, if you wanna go into business for yourself, marry a teacher and get on their state plan for cheap, plus they have great retirements.

I have in the past. Diabetes or smoking automatically disqualified, preexisting conditions not covered, and it doesn't kick in until after 12 months of premium payments and no new diagnosis. It seems it's geared toward younger healthy people.

Anyone looked into this https://www.medishare.com/

I was able to completely retire at 61 because of my Georgia Army National Guard retirement - on Tricare and draw pension at 60.
I know one person that has it, actually had it during his wife's pregnancy, they just had to pay 7k out of pocket for that...which is probably par for the course these days on a family plan. That being said, most places don't look at it as traditional insurance so you'll have to pay upfront when you have to use it.

Not sure what your religious beliefs are but, my business partner uses this - https://www.medicalsharing.org/?utm...osition=&gc_id=19963240682&ad_id=654614975902
He said it actually works out very well, he's had gallbladder surgery and other medical procedures utilizing this insurance and it worked out exactly as it was designed to. I personally have not used it, I also have been blessed with a wife that carries the insurance for the family (State University System Healthcare Insurance).

Insurance is out there …I have had a couple retire recently and get insurance from a local agent that they said was comparable to our work plan and about the same premium

Back
Top Bottom