• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Restoring a nickeled Remington Rand

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Found a place that will remove the nickeling for $25 and refinish it for $165 so $190 complete.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bullseye-Bluing-Gunsmithing-Services/626511754040018

If you look at their timeline section they did it to a Colt.

Bad news it is in Columbus. Does anyone know any place closer to Atlanta and what they would charge?

Thanks,

Oh and the Pimp grips will be replaced, I'm not a Patton wannabe.

Curiously my son thinks it looks cool so I may get a CHEAP 1911 and have it nickeled
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG

Why not just keep it as-is for a shooter, maybe change grips? It'll never be a collector gun since it been plated , even if you have it refinished it will loose detail and probably not be worth any more than it is now. Just my thoughts. Thanks

That does look good. Who did it?

Bullseye Bluing in Columbus GA. The owner was driving to Peachtree City on Sarurday and he brought it with him- talk about customer service. He even had some USGI grips from WWII he added for just $20. My friend liked it so much he wi take his blued Union Switch & Signal 1911 to be parkerized for $165

Good people. One of the better choices I think.
Bullseye Bluing in Columbus GA. The owner was driving to Peachtree City on Sarurday and he brought it with him- talk about customer service. He even had some USGI grips from WWII he added for just $20. My friend liked it so much he wi take his blued Union Switch & Signal 1911 to be parkerized for $165

Back
Top Bottom