• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Restoring a 1920 Swiss Cross Abercrombie & Fitch Luger

NGaAtty

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I inherited what appears to be a 1920 Swiss Cross Abercrombie & Fitch Luger. The serial number is 4 digits, starts with 30. Barrel says Abercrombie & Fitch Co New York Made in Switzerland. It's in what appears to be the original holster.

Pictures are below.

Question... It obviously needs some work, but I don't want to do anything to diminish its value. I know refinishing antique furniture can diminish its value, but I don't know about guns.

Any helpful suggestions?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 92
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 81
Please, please, PLEASE... Do not do anything to the firearm. If it does not function maybe the most minor of repairs, but do not refinish or attempt to "restore" it.

Do not touch it!!! It is very nice the way it sits. Restoring it will only diminish the value. Just make sure its properly oiled and enjoy what you have!

I'll echo all that has been said. Please do not "restore" this particular pistol. It is beautiful just like it is and in great condition as far as I can tell from the pics.

The (U.S.) holster looks like it's for a 1911 and it too is worth more to a collector.

Yeah, that's what I suspected would be best. It's been cleaned and oiled. Everything seems to work smoothly. Haven't tried firing it yet, and probably won't.

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom