• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remove barrel bead

Edog537

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
111   0
Reaction score
Getting ready to cold blue an H & R barrel. What is the best method to remove/replace this bead?
IMG_2383.jpeg

It was a legitimate question.
Most shotgun beads are threaded, but there are some which are tapered/ press fit.

This is one of the easier versions to remove without damage but there is certainly no harm in asking to be sure. :)

It was a legitimate question.
Most shotgun beads are threaded, but there are some which are tapered/ press fit.

This is one of the easier versions to remove without damage but there is certainly no harm in asking to be sure. :)
Thank you sir. This is my first shotgun “refurb” - I hate to break unobtainable parts. This is an older H&R 20ga, case colored receiver ejectors, to nice of a piece of Americana to be glued together with Liquid Nails!!!!
IMG_2174.jpeg

I stripped everything down. Soldered a new barrel lug on the barrel. The stock and forend are getting hand rubbed oil finish. I am rebluing the barrel. I also made a custom recoil pad. He has 2 grandsons on the way. This is a really good friend who has helped my family many times. My labor time goes beyond what the gun is worth, thinking of his grandsons taking this old girl to the woods is priceless.
IMG_2380.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom