• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington to release R2Mi .50BMG bolt action rifle

There’s no production on the rifle. It is “made to order”.

Speaks volumes for Rem t dump $$$$ i something and not have a sustainment plan for it IOT Creat continuous revenue for the company.

It’s absolutely crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40x's are the same way and a small group at Remington has been building them since the 60's. All custom built and made to the customer request with a quoted 6 month lead time. Actual delivery time for my brother was 13 months

My range allows .50 but it’s only 600 yards. It would be overkill but just owning something that slings 750 grain slugs at 2800 fps would be reason enough to have one for me. I don’t understand how everything involved with this caliber is disproportionately priced. The dies don’t have THAT much more material. Dillon has a 900.00 sizer die. It looks like you could send off 3 or 4 pieces of brass and have a custom die made for less than that?
I like the looks of Armalite’s AR 50 and have pondered it off and on.

Asking OP and anyone else... Does a 50 BMG shoot more accurately if it was a bolt action as opposed to Semi-Auto provided the same skill level shooter?

In general, yes. True for all calibers. The key to accuracy is consistency. The less moving parts, the easier it is to have consistency. Another issue that you have with a semi-auto that can effect accuracy is how consistent is the amount of gas going into operating the system vs pushing the bullet. Again, that's another aspect of consistency.

Before Cobb Mfg was bought out by Bushmaster, I shot the predecessor of this rifle for an online article/review. We were only using M33 ball ammo, but it showed a potential for excellent accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom