• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Remington 870 barrels, advice wanted

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Well I got a new 870 and wondered where was the best place to go for modified barrels? Doesn't need to be particularly TactiCool or anything. Are the Remington barrels the best, or are there good inexpensive replacements? I saw the Mossberg-for-Remington barrels at Academy and I am sure there are high end barrels, but I am looking for something more basic.

Mine currently has the 26", choke threaded, ribbed, hunting barrel (probably the most actual shooting use it will see), but I was looking to make it multipurpose and get a HD barrel and maybe a rifled barrel for deer. Any suggestions or experience anyone has had?

Last edited:
Well I got a new 870 and wondered where was the best place to go for modified barrels? Doesn't need to be particularly TactiCool or anything. Are the Remington barrels the best, or are there good inexpensive replacements? I saw the Mossberg-for-Remington barrels at Academy and I am sure there are high end barrels, but I am looking for something more basic.

Mine currently has the 26", choke threaded, ribbed, hunting barrel (probably the most actual shooting use it will see), but I was looking to make it multipurpose and get a HD barrel and maybe a rifled barrel for deer. Any suggestions or experience anyone has had?

My 870 has to different barrels. One is a 26'' for hunting and the other is a 18 remington barrel. I went with the remington vs the carlsons because of the mixed reviews

That big auction site usually has a good many Remington 870 barrels.

You can find them at most online stores too like Cabelas. Shop around for the best price.

Back
Top Bottom