• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remember when.....

Well, in 1979 I was stationed at Ft McClellan Alabama I remember gas prices creeping up and while pumping gas one day it was at 48 cents per gallon and I remarked to the guys with me that if it got up to 50 cents I was parking the SOB. Could not imagine paying 50 cents per gallon at the time.

I'll start

- You could get an SKS for $300?
- Stores put out Christmas stuff after Thanksgiving not Halloween?
- Kroger shelves were full?

I remember when SKS’s were in a barrel at the gun shows and you had your pick for $69/piece. We still have those 3 Norinco spikers

I remember when MTV was all videos too

I remember buying up an armload of bricks of .22lr ammo at .... KMART! Years before they hired Rosie O'Donnell to advertise for them they actually had a decent selection of guns and ammo. I was in the Rome Kmart picking up something and walked by the ammo section and saw bricks of name brand ammo for $8~ (maybe $8.50 each). Instead of getting a "buggy" like I should have done, I grabbed all the bricks I could carry in my arms and headed towards the cash register up front. When I got there a husband and wife were in front of me. The wife looked startled to see what I was holding and said "What's he going to do with all those bullets?" The husband turned around to see what she was talking about and said, "Whatever he wants to."

Many times since then I wish I had cleaned them out of rimfire ammo. Once they went woke on guns I stopped shopping there, as did apparently millions of other people.

Well, in 1979 I was stationed at Ft McClellan Alabama I remember gas prices creeping up and while pumping gas one day it was at 48 cents per gallon and I remarked to the guys with me that if it got up to 50 cents I was parking the SOB. Could not imagine paying 50 cents per gallon at the time.
I can remember 29 cents per gallon with a free glass or piece of dinnerware and your windshield cleaned, your oil checked and your gas pumped for you. Thanks.

I remember buying up an armload of bricks of .22lr ammo at .... KMART! Years before they hired Rosie O'Donnell to advertise for them they actually had a decent selection of guns and ammo. I was in the Rome Kmart picking up something and walked by the ammo section and saw bricks of name brand ammo for $8~ (maybe $8.50 each). Instead of getting a "buggy" like I should have done, I grabbed all the bricks I could carry in my arms and headed towards the cash register up front. When I got there a husband and wife were in front of me. The wife looked startled to see what I was holding and said "What's he going to do with all those bullets?" The husband turned around to see what she was talking about and said, "Whatever he wants to."

Many times since then I wish I had cleaned them out of rimfire ammo. Once they went woke on guns I stopped shopping there, as did apparently millions of other people.
“Whatever he wants to”. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom