Reloading ?s

Another really fantastic benefit of reloading that I find is that it's great quality family time creating something together with your kids from nothing but a pile of parts. My kids love reloading and beg me to do it even when I don't have anything that needs run.

My reasoning for getting into reloading had to do with savings. When you start off you most likely won't be saving any money due to expenses like equipment and components. I save a considerable amount now though due to getting good deals on components and casting my own bullets/scrounging for wheel weights. The true benefit I think to reloading is that you can tailor a particular load to your handgun or rifle to suit your shooting needs. If done correctly, reloading will produce ammo that will exceed factory ammo every time in regard to accuracy and consistency. There are people who equate time with money, ie; if I'm spending time reloading ammo I am losing money somewhere else. I think that is an issue of prioritizing your schedule and hobbies so that everything will have it's place.

No matter how cheap you can get it the consistency of accuracy and of course being able to tailor a load to a gun is priceless. I would reload if the Price was equal and in the beginning in 9mm is is.

I use the lee classic turret press. Cost of 100 rounds of .40 cost around $13-14. Like someone said above, your never gonna save any money by reloading, your gonna get to shoot more! :)
Gun shows have good deals on components.
Brass exchange has unbeatable prices on brass.
GA arms has great prices on bullets(buy in bulk), their website doesn't advertise the bulk(1000 rounds)pricing on bullets.
Powder and primers can be found just about everywhere.

I'll put it to you like this you probably won't see the savings initially but you will eventually. But as many of the guys have said it is a blast to do. Also you get to "customize" your loadings which it awesome.

Back
Top Bottom