Red Flag laws.

No crime committed, take the guns anyway?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like restrictions on speech and freedom of assembly, it is better to err on the side of less government power, less regulation of the citizenry. Not because the proper line cannot be drawn but because so many people do not even want to make an honest effort to draw that line in the right place. They will abuse such laws for political purposes.

Remember, Due Process and the Right to Bear Arms are in fact, our CIVIL RIGHTS, just as important and not subservient to any other civil right . . . .

So is the right to free speech, yet I am already witnessing Americans here and everywhere falling in line to be muzzled, in fear of the communism.

So is the right to free speech, yet I am already witnessing Americans here and everywhere falling in line to be muzzled, in fear of the communism.

I've been muzzled quite a few times on this site, due to a difference of opinion.

I've been muzzled quite a few times on this site, due to a difference of opinion.

No idea what happened on here, but this is a private site and they can do as they please with their real estate. Big difference in that and having some innocent person stripped of their God given rights, searched, property seized, and maybe even killed for saying something they disagree with.

No idea what happened on here, but this is a private site and they can do as they please with their real estate. Big difference in that and having some innocent person stripped of their God given rights, searched, property seized, and maybe even killed for saying something they disagree with.

It's pretty much the same, just on a smaller scale. The rules are not enforced unbiasedly. It's ok for Joe Blow to post something, but when it's quoted by someone else, all of a sudden it becomes offensive or hurt feelings.

I come to the conclusion that those same people would agree with the red flag law, as it allows them to silence those they disagree with.

Your deranged behavior in this thread would be more amusing if it was not so dangerous to the liberty of innocent people.

But I did get a chuckle at your your hypocrisy in using the picture that offended you so greatly. Sorry but it just makes me laugh.

All I have said from the beginning was that if someone was proven to dangerous and mentally ill...they need to be in custody.
The RFL's are unconstitutional and besides that...just a really dumb idea. So many bad outcomes are possible.

In one case, an innocent person is subject to a no-knock home invasion putting his family and the LEO's life in danger...and it's all because someone misunderstand a comment made tongue-in-cheek or in jest. Or maybe just an accusation made by someone who is fearful of guns, period. Do you really think the American public can be trusted with the power to disarm by force anyone who makes them nervous?

In the second case, LEO's are being asked to disarm a dangerous, mentally ill person in the most dangerous scenario possible. Far better would be to detain them and get them help...when they are nowhere near a firearm. After they are determined by the courts to actually be a dangerous, mentally ill person...then you can take their guns.
Maybe he needs to be red flagged?

Maybe he needs to be red flagged?

I don't know...what do you think? He does seem pretty unstable sometimes but I would hate to strip someone of their gun rights just because they had a few too many one night and starting insulting people. I really don't know the guy that well...perhaps we should start another thread with a poll...you know, see what other members who know him better think about his mental state?

On one hand, you don't want to be nosy or make a mistake and falsely accuse someone of being unfit for gun ownership. But on the other hand - my God what about the children!!!??? If we don't speak up and something happened down the road...well that would be terrible.

So, after thinking about the children and watching CNN for a little while, I have reached a verdict here.

RED FLAG HIM!!! Actually, red flag him and the horse he rode in on...all his friends...all lawyers...heck all known associates!!!

But I'd rather you do it so he don't get pissed at me. ok?

===================================================================================================

All that above the line ^ is what I think will happen in the "red flag era". Neighbors and friends will turn on each other...big brother will win. 1984 is here.

And to answer your question Bypass...read post 150 and 151. Seems our lawyer friend has had an epiphany and reversed his position...but he is sneaky...has not changed his poll vote. So I guess we just need to keep him under observation for awhile.

I don't know...what do you think? He does seem pretty unstable sometimes but I would hate to strip someone of their gun rights just because they had a few too many one night and starting insulting people. I really don't know the guy that well...perhaps we should start another thread with a poll...you know, see what other members who know him better think about his mental state?

On one hand, you don't want to be nosy or make a mistake and falsely accuse someone of being unfit for gun ownership. But on the other hand - my God what about the children!!!??? If we don't speak up and something happened down the road...well that would be terrible.

So, after thinking about the children and watching CNN for a little while, I have reached a verdict here.

RED FLAG HIM!!! Actually, red flag him and the horse he rode in on...all his friends...all lawyers...heck all known associates!!!

But I'd rather you do it so he don't get pissed at me. ok?

===================================================================================================

All that above the line ^ is what I think will happen in the "red flag era". Neighbors and friends will turn on each other...big brother will win. 1984 is here.

And to answer your question Bypass...read post 150 and 151. Seems our lawyer friend has had an epiphany and reversed his position...but he is sneaky...has not changed his poll vote. So I guess we just need to keep him under observation for awhile.
You rolled with that just like I hoped you would when I teed it up. Well done Sir.

Back
Top Bottom