Recommendation for young professionals

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
Make a LinkedIn account with a professional picture and thorough details of your work experience. I received yet another company offering to pull me from my current co with an offer of better pay and benefits. Now, I have yet to vet the most recent "offer", but it allows me to "shop around" quite frequently. And people that don't want to lowball themselves ought to go "shopping" at least once a year or more. Make yourself stand out, make your credentials look good, make yourself look desirable. With some initiative, you can open so many doors for yourself. And I like to see to people advance themselves, make more money, and achieve their goals.

Get out and do it. You have the power, use it.

I don't see why not to make one, if you have all these offers its a easier manner for you to show your skill and experience to these companies

LinkedIn has almost become a "requirement" in today's wold of professional networking and job hunting...
And as you move from jobs, it's a great way to keep in touch with former colleagues..

I don't see why not to make one, if you have all these offers its a easier manner for you to show your skill and experience to these companies

LOTS of recruiters troll LinkedIn .... forging a relationship with a couple of good recruiters is the best career move you can ever make! For more than one reason:
For example: I was in sales and had a really strong competitor who edged me out on more than enough jobs to become a PITA. I gave his name and contact information to a couple of recruiters ... and before long he got a new job somewhere else, and out of my territory!

Back
Top Bottom