• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ravin R500 Recall

"New57" you are an eternal optimist!!! Saying it is in the hands of our government does not make me feel warm and cozy.

It is NOT that I expect it to be resolved in short order but I do believe that at Ravin's price point customers are due regular updates. Ravin does not even address the recall. Just telling its customers "do not shoot" seems to fall far short.

"New57" you are an eternal optimist!!! Saying it is in the hands of our government does not make me feel warm and cozy.

It is NOT that I expect it to be resolved in short order but I do believe that at Ravin's price point customers are due regular updates. Ravin does not even address the recall. Just telling its customers "do not shoot" seems to fall far short.

Ravin has spoken to some customers as on other forums owners have posted screen captures of their emails or messages from Ravin as to this issue. Every one I have read basically amounts to Ravin has made the Government aware of the issue, the Government somehow has hand in telling Ravin how to proceed, and Ravin is waiting unable to say or do anything other than it is out of our hands.

Tough spot, but I bet not many R500s are aiming at Toms coming up. So thankfully the timing for downtime is better than Autumn.

I spoke to Ravin yesterday and got the same answer; "no new update, just hang in there". They continue to say they are waiting on an answer from the government agency that deals with recalls.

How long can these things go on folks?

buttplate buttplate given this is a device that is not edible (FDA), drivable (NHTSA), nor something that is required to live, the wait could be a while. As I understand it the manufacturer informs the GOV of the issue and possible ways to address / rectify, the GOV lays out the route BUT the manufacturer can disagree and go to battle so to speak with the GOV until ultimately the route is agreed upon. So maybe this is taking time the back and forth? Pure speculation.

buttplate buttplate given this is a device that is not edible (FDA), drivable (NHTSA), nor something that is required to live, the wait could be a while. As I understand it the manufacturer informs the GOV of the issue and possible ways to address / rectify, the GOV lats out the route BUT the manufacturer can disagree and go to battle so to speak with the GOV until ultimately the route is agreed upon. So maybe this is taking time the back and forth? Pure speculation.
And, if that is the case and we were informed of that the wait might be a bit more tolerable.

IMG_1435.png

It’s sad to me that all the folks who own the r500 have been told not to use these bow. These folks have spent thousands on these bows and now have been unable to use them for months. This is unacceptable to me and there should be compensation made to the consumers. Simply saying we will fix it no charge to you is good. That’s what all companies due where there products have failed. The Down side is the consumers are holding on to a ticking time bomb at the moment. If they don’t compensate folks for this then there should be law suits

Could always be worse ...

https://6abc.com/amp/auto-recall-toyota-general-motors-car-recalls/14372695/

https://fox59.com/news/national-wor...h-urgent-recalls-remain-unrepaired-in-us/amp/

Imagine having a necessary object recalled such as an automobile. Unable to drive it.

Stinks for an optional object to be sitting but better than having it injur oneself.

I started paying attention to recalls year back ... food, pet food, vehicles, tools, etc. Because there are a lot of recalls, and if you aren't the original owner who registers the product (where applicable) or you don't register the product you may be a victim of a recall.

Back
Top Bottom