• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ravin R500 Recall

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information regarding Ravin's Recall of its R500? What is the basis for the recall? The recall states do not shoot.

I have checked with a dealer and they are working to get some/any information fron Ravin. I am just looking for any information on the recall. I understand it is a safety recall but what is the safety issue?

What I get from what I have read is that the R500 may fail to fire if the bolt is not seated correctly and then fire when you start to fool with the bolt injuring hands and fingers.

I have tried several times to get some information from Ravin as well as from the government, no luck with either 🤬😡😠.
Does anyone know anything more. Both are just telling me not to shoot, DAM!!!!

Why can I not locate any current updates on the Ravin R500 recall. Am I the only one with an R500 sitting not being shot and not being given an update.

Ravin is saying they can't update until the government gives direction. The government says they are not at liberty to discuss. Who can get them moving?

I have registered my crossbow but to this point neither Ravin nor the government has done anything other than tell me not to shoot my bow. Ravin has done nothing to stand behind a very expensive product.

This really sux. Warranties mean nothing if they dont follow through. I feel like the government isnt the problem here. Ravin should have a fix. Send out a new bow,something. It will take the Ravin engineers to remedy the issue. Im pretty sure the government just wants a proven fix. They have no interest in engineering. What exactly would they be waiting for? At least provide information on a planned fix.

If you read a little online, Ravin has said they are waiting for the Government to instruct them how to proceed. According to Ravin, it is in the hands of the Government and as soon as they tell Ravin how to proceed, Ravin will. Maybe a recall is not as easy as some of us would think or want.

At least it is now after whitetail season is over. Imagine if it happened at the start or middle of whitetail season.

Back
Top Bottom