• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rant posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
How do you post a PM that you have received in a thread ( senders name deleted)? I had one today from a guy trying to trade guns with me that is funny as all get out and totally lacking in class.

There is no ride. I am the sender. This is nothing more than the standard; "my gun is super valuable, your gun is **** give me more money", bull**** that sometimes takes place here on this site by some people. The OP ran all over the net S&W forum, gun broker and searched here attempting to devalue my offer so he could nickel and dime me. I stayed patient with him and answered all of his questions, debunked multiple attempts to lower the value until he pulled the final bull**** claiming that the extra mags were only $18. Actually they are $34 factory mags, promags are $18 but this is the N&D bull**** that took place.

Aimless said:
deller said:
Aimless said:
deller said:
Aimless said:
deller said:
Did a little checking on 4516-2's that had sold in the past on ODT. The last one that sold was listed at 500 with 5 mags and of course that dos not mean it actually sold for that. Other listings show mags for 18 each. I would not mind adding a 45 to my safe but we are to far apart on the value of your gun. GLWS

I don't think we are far apart, I think you are trying to over value that Sig.
That may be the case but I've not seen any Sig 229's in like condition sell for 500.. If you would like to add cash or ammo to your offer let me know. If not GLWS.

You have attempted to devalue my pistol from the start. You have ran all over the internet trying to dig up reasons why my pistol should be less. This last attempt was total horse **** though. Really factory mags for $18. Please link me where you can buy FACTORY mags for $18. Promags maybe not factory mags. I wish they were that cheap I would have a pile of them for all three of my 4516s. Looking back at this trade deal and seeing you attempt at every turn to beat me up on value all the while claiming your gun retains it's value is a joke. No way would I make a deal with you at this point even if it were in my favor. I see why your gun has been up for over a month. You think it some how has more trade value ($800), then it's actual value (about $600). You are delusional. Good luck with the sale though. I hope it works out for you.
For the record I simply did a search here on ODT to obtain the information. Its really not difficult to do. Perhaps you can do the same for your gun as well as a Sig 229.

That said. I taught my children that only a fool argues with a fool so I have no intention of arguing with you although I may post this PM later in general discussion so all of us can have a laugh.

Really man do what you got to do. I do find it amusing that you assume people will laugh at just me. Delusions of grandure much? Btw your thread would last about as long as it takes for someone to report it. Private purse swinging posted out in the public forum is the epitome of no class.

Take care. GLWS.

For the sake of argument I never valued his gun at $500, I actually think it is more like $650 I said that in earlier PMs. I offered to make up the difference in .45 ammo but the guy continued to ***** and moan complaining that he read in so and so that the mags for my gun are unreliable, that the values are all over the place, asked if I had the box, even though the ad has it listed, this went back and forth for a few messages before the final post this AM. Now that the purse swinging in out in the open and I am down in the mud with you, have at it OP. The way I see it this just drives more exposure to my ad, since it is not on the 1st page anymore I can use the boost.

Last edited:
BTW OP, you claimed in one of your last posts to me that you simply did a check on the ODT..

Aimless said:
deller said:
I have checked the S&W forum. There was a lot of issues with the mags. ( I'm ex LE by the way) Is this model SA and DA?

The early dash ones had issues. All of these mags have the black followers. Of the three 4516's I own, all but one has mags with the black followers. One has the yellow followers but I have never had a problem with them either. Yes it is a DA/SA with a decocker and safety.

The funny thing is there wasn't a lot of issues with mags. In fact in the dash twos there were no issues. If you had actually done research rather than trying to find excuses to beat down my price you would have known this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom