• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Random...so who remembers Buckhead in it's glory days?

I remember all these places.

My gf and I enjoyed Steamhouse lounge and Dante's down the hatch.

If you were a musician Rhythm City was the place in those days. Ol' George Luther would stop you and refuse to let you leave until you bought something. LOL...One time he got drunk and bet his store manager $100 he could get his Mercedes through the double door in the front. He ended up bringing the front end of the store down on top of his car. He was a character.

Me and a lot of my old friends had some memorable times at Magruder's and Green's. Anyone remember DC's? It later became the International ballroom.

I was always more of a honky tonker. Ms Kitty's was more to my liking.

If you were a musician Rhythm City was the place in those days. Ol' George Luther would stop you and refuse to let you leave until you bought something. LOL...One time he got drunk and bet his store manager $100 he could get his Mercedes through the double door in the front. He ended up bringing the front end of the store down on top of his car. He was a character.

Me and a lot of my old friends had some memorable times at Magruder's and Green's. Anyone remember DC's? It later became the International ballroom.

Awh the days of Dante's in both Underground and after it burned down..Also The Mad hatter and penny beer nights, oh and lets not forget the Flaming Hurricane and the Gentlemen that was blind and Albino piano player at Ruby Reds, Fond memories

I remember Rhythm City very well. Bought my first acoustic there. He later sold the business to Guitar Center.

For me this would have been late 80's through mid 90's. Yeah, I'm aging myself here but man, that was a great strip to crawl back in the day. I think it was Sharky's that had the swing in the front window with a pretty girl in it. No fights, no drama, no crime to speak of. Oh and plenty, and I mean plenty of aesthetically pleasing ladies. Eat chow at 3 Dollar and drink everywhere else.
Truly the good old days...Young people today can't enjoy they're youth....Personally I think it's sad...Debt takes the life out of you.Wife works Husband works an they still have to keep an eye on expenses.

Back
Top Bottom