• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rad Dog Retractable Dog Leash

zesty

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
not fully clean
67   0
Reaction score
My family goes hiking pretty often with our two dogs. The one place we frequent has a general understanding that you can let your dogs off leash when you aren't near other people. Down the trail we frequently pass other people that have dogs off leash. Both parties leash or hold their dogs as they pass and let the dogs go at a safe distance. My dogs love to swim and any kids nearby usually have a great time throwing sticks in the water for them.

A major inconvenience has been the constant leash / release cycle on busy days. Well, someone else with the same problem finally made a solution.

http://www.myraddog.com/

[Broken External Image]:

The leash is a small cord that retracts into the collar. The mechanism is safe to get wet. We tested the leashes out a few times and are thrilled with them. They're pricey at $33-$35, but for frequent hikers they make the experience much easier.

The sizing is a little tricky since the leash doesn't adjust much. We got my shepherd right on the first try, but we had to return the leash for the second dog. It was no issue with Rad Dog though. I just shipped it back and had the right leash a week later. If you order one, measure the dog's neck and add two inches. If that measurement lands between two sizes, pick the bigger one.

The only issue is that the leash does not lock out so there is no fixed length other than when it's under tension extended to 4 feet. It doesn't offer much control if you want to keep the dog right next to you. It's billed as a collar for "mostly off-leash dogs" and that's what it should be used for.

I'd recommend these collars to anyone that has an irregular need to leash their dogs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... MADE IN THE USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom