• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for the electricians

Start with the corrosion.
Weird. It was all over that mounting screw, dead center on the bottom of the heater. Shouldn't be any current going through that. It's got to be the heater or one of the pumps. If I can find the wiring, will disconnect one at a time and see if there's any joy.

I bet your heater is burnt up and shorting,pull one of the wires off the heater,usually flat cooper strip with a nut holding it tight,turn everything on and see if the shorts is gone,if still shorting pull the other strip off.
This is a common problem with hot tubs.
If all clear it is your heater element.

I bet your heater is burnt up and shorting,pull one of the wires off the heater,usually flat cooper strip with a nut holding it tight,turn everything on and see if the shorts is gone,if still shorting pull the other strip off.
This is a common problem with hot tubs.
If all clear it is your heater element.
I disconnected everything (power leads and to circuit board) from heater and breaker didn't trip, display lit up. Just ordered new heater.

Outdoor hot tub has a dual 50 amp (100 amp total) breaker that doesn't appear to be working. Flipped to on, the hot tub never comes on and the breaker trips in about 3 seconds. Is there any way to suspect if it's a bad breaker or something else shorting? I can NOT find a master/whole house breaker anywhere (new to us home) so not overly excited to try and change that breaker out.
I sell breakers, send me a pic please 👍

I test everything myself, no matter what it's supposed to be and who said it's off. I've cut CAT5 cable and audio wire with 110V on it. Found 220V on doorbell wire once. People do all kinds of stupid things and "off" isn't off until I'm sure it's off. Those little voltage detector sticks are your best friend.
Not really, ain’t called dead man sticks or widow makers for nothing

I test everything myself, no matter what it's supposed to be and who said it's off. I've cut CAT5 cable and audio wire with 110V on it. Found 220V on doorbell wire once. People do all kinds of stupid things and "off" isn't off until I'm sure it's off. Those little voltage detector sticks are your best friend.
I have a hard time believing any of this... Thirty year commercial electrician.

Look on the bright side, it's going to be 95 degrees here with humidity to match in another few weeks so just enjoy it as a swimming pool until fall. Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow :thumb:.

Besides, you don't want to start the summer with 3rd. degree burns :rolleyes2:.

Back
Top Bottom