• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Psa, watch for falling trees

I am still dealing with the remnants of two huge trees falling last September ! Took out about 250’ chainlink fence, fortunately they missed the house.
But left an expensive mess

i had some damage fence in a couple of spots...work keeps piling up. Are there any contractors that anyone could recommend for fence repair/replacement?
@KrisD is probably going to do mine...his guy came out to measure Tuesday. Waiting on that estimate along with pricing on a few other odd jobs .
We will see....
give him a PM shout....

This reminds me of a short little story... Back when I lived in Florida, there was a time when an AT&T guy came to our house to do some kind of service. He had just finished up and was doing some paperwork while sitting in his van which was parked on the street in front of our house. He decided to check one last thing so he got out, came up to our house, and then...
tree on car2.jpg
tree on car1.jpg

I heard the sound of wood cracking followed by the loud, unnatural sound of metal being instantaneously crushed. I went out and saw what you see in the pictures above. That's when he told us that he had gotten out of the driver's seat only about 30 seconds before the tree ended up coming down.

But hey, at least those safety cones were there, right?

This reminds me of a short little story... Back when I lived in Florida, there was a time when an AT&T guy came to our house to do some kind of service. He had just finished up and was doing some paperwork while sitting in his van which was parked on the street in front of our house. He decided to check one last thing so he got out, came up to our house, and then...
View attachment 3185657 View attachment 3185656

I heard the sound of wood cracking followed by the loud, unnatural sound of metal being instantaneously crushed. I went out and saw what you see in the pictures above. That's when he told us that he had gotten out of the driver's seat only about 30 seconds before the tree ended up coming down.

Wow, he better thank god.

View attachment 3185657 View attachment 3185656

God was trying to tell that man something.

Wow it’s coming down good here

My truck won’t fit in the garage where I’m at so my $60,000 truck just got hailed on LOL...

rip

Back
Top Bottom