• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA about PSA

How many home defense shotguns have more than a box of shells go through them?
I check all mine with a Box of shells (once I find somewhere that allows shotguns) then they get put in there SHF locations for easy access. They may not Move again For years!

Cheap is cheap as I dont ever plan on using 500 rounds through a shotty! Maybe100 round possibly at best!

I have the others too, including a nice old 870 with GA Dept of Corrections markings that has to be from the 60s or early 70s as well as a vintage Mossberg. Both still running great.

Nothing wrong with either of them, but the Super Nova has better sights (ghost ring), ergonomics and a smoother action than any of the new 870s and 590s I've tried. For a home defense gun they are hard to beat.

Mine's been running just fine since I bought it in 2010 on a steady diet of slugs, since that's all I can shoot at most indoor ranges. I don't take it out a lot, but usually every couple of months I put a few boxes through just to make sure it's OK.

Had the Super Nova years ago and liked it for the most part. Just wish Benelli would change the forearm and make it a little smaller. But it was indeed slick with the action

There's gotta' be SOMETHING wrong with the Benellis--Ga State Patrol put 'em in service several years ago, and within 6 or 8 months had gone back to 870's--Dunno???

There's gotta' be SOMETHING wrong with the Benellis--Ga State Patrol put 'em in service several years ago, and within 6 or 8 months had gone back to 870's--Dunno???

The slide does not allow side saddle ammo carry.

Makes sense... Not something I care about but I could see that being an issue... sort of.

Curious if they bought the Novas or the Super Novas. There is a bit of difference between them.

That all being said, I do like the Super Nova compared to the 870, and even over the Mossberg. At the end of the day a pump gun is really just personal preference since they will all work.

Back
Top Bottom