• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Protective Measures class in Atlanta/ Marietta

I'm still looking for a venue.

I would much rather use an outdoor range so if any of you know of a potential range or even privately owned land that would be safe, suitable, & not cause a problem let me know about it.
Each shooter will of course need to sign standard liability waivers.

I would like my wife to attend if you have a spot available. I'm not sure if Creekside firing range in cartersville will allow you to do it there. Might be worth a phone call.

How many rounds would be used, as well as what else would we need to bring? Such as holsters, guns, notebooks, paper, ammunition and how often do you have the classes? Real busy schedule now but would love to join soon.

How many rounds would be used, as well as what else would we need to bring? Such as holsters, guns, notebooks, paper, ammunition and how often do you have the classes? Real busy schedule now but would love to join soon.

On my website under "F.A.Q.'s" is the answer to most of your questions.
I have classes every week but schedule them around when the shooters can come out so every class is "custom" i.e. the time/ date is chosen for the convenience of those attending.

I would like my wife to attend if you have a spot available. I'm not sure if Creekside firing range in cartersville will allow you to do it there. Might be worth a phone call.

Even though that range isn't real far from mine since it is closer I do have a call into them but haven't heard back from them yet.

My back-up plan is just to do it at my home range but offer a group rate.

I just don't want to use an indoor range as it is too restrictive as to the drills that can be done safely.
Haven't given up yet but i do want to get this done by early fall.

There is about 20-24 people on the "list" so that usually means a turnout of 8-14 which would be perfect especially if it is divided into two classes as discussed previously.

I will be having the classroom part of the "Basic Defensive Pistol" class in Cartersville at 5:00/5:30.
This is the first part of the class & is FILLED w/ content. Below you will find a listing of most of the content.
I've had some people express that the classroom only is worth the price of the entire class not counting the range time.

We only have room for 2 more couples or 4 more individuals. For more details you can PM me here or refer to my website at the bottom of this post.

Here is most of the content that will be covered:

GA Laws re: Appropriate use of deadly force with detailed discussion.
GA Laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms with and without a concealed weapon permit.
Detailed description of your guns features and controls, how it operates, and available/recommended ammunition for it.
How bullets work inside the human body
Threat Awareness and Conflict Avoidance
Color Code of Mental Awareness
Defensive and Combative Mindset
The “OODA” loop
Predator vs. Prey relationships in an “urban” environment
Interacting with law enforcement officers during traffic stops & before and after a violent encounter.
Maintaining “visual command” of your environment before, during & after a lethal force encounter.
Surviving the aftermath of use of deadly force
*The four primary safety rules of handling firearms*.
Gun and gear evaluation, use, and application
Proper grip techniques
Correct combative stances
Proper sequence of sight picture, sight alignment, trigger press, and follow through.
Dryfire techniques and training
Effective draw sequence from holster or other position.
Marksmanship drills
Avoiding “range” mentality
Types of malfunctions and corrective techniques.
Proper reloading manipulations.
Weapon disassembly, cleaning, lubrication, and reassembly.
Safe storage and access denial of your firearms from unauthorized persons.

It may seem a bit overwhelming but it is an interactive class that women always wind up enjoying WAY more than they expect.

The discounted ODT cost is either $175 per person or $275 per couple or pair.
That includes the classroom & approx. 7-8 hrs. of range time... either all at once (which is more than most people want or can stand) or (2) 3 1/2 to 4 hr. sessions which seems to be easier & more easily integrated into peoples busy routines.
That price also includes the use of some of my guns as needed & as much free .22 as is needed for the class for anyone (ladies specifically) who want to shoot .22 trainer guns.
Hope to see you there:).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom