Propane vs Kerosene: Best indoor space heater?

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
180   0
Reaction score
Let's hear it!

School me on portable indoor space heaters: pros, cons, cost, and efficiency!

propane.jpg
more efficient, cleaner burning, easier to find, less messy and smells better.

Kerosene will be nasty if you do not maintain the wick. It stinks even if you do. Propane is cleaner and easier to store. The downside is buying the propane tanks. I have a pretty nice kerosene heater and some k1 for extreme emergencies to supplement my fireplace. That being said about 9 acres of my property are wooded, so the k1 will only get burned inside if my chainsaw dies. I only burn kerosene in the shop.

Hayata, I have TONS of experience with indoor/outdoor heaters, working in cold spaces and trying to make whatever I was working on warm.

Kerosene will give you a headache if you use it a indoors unheated space like a garage. But it will heat a big space quickly, you will need/want fresh air. If you are using it on a construction site with fresh air, you are all good.

The new propane heaters are "supposedly" indoor safe. I have one of these for the boat when it gets cold. Ive used it in the garage, and I havent gotten the telltale headache. I havent used it on the boat. Text me if you have questions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CFRF7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Mr Heater that fits on a 20 lb bottle had it since the 80's,used in house, on boat, at deer camp.Anywhere we needed heat.Keep 3 tanks here at the house.

Back
Top Bottom