• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Promoting Awareness for Student Gun Rights

22   0
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'm a part of Georgia Tech's pro-gun crowd (yes we exist), and a few of us put together a video detailing student views of campus carry. For those unfamiliar, it is very illegal to carry a gun on a college campus, even if licensed to do so elsewhere in the state. I am of the opinion that GWL holders do not become more violent just because they cross an arbitrary line in the sand. Anyways, the video is a part of Campus Moviefest, and if it gets a ton of views, not only will it raise awareness, which is my goal, but it could also go on to Hollywood, and possibly get people in high places talking. I appologize for the mediocre editing, this was done in very little time on a less than shoestring budget. If you have four and a half minutes to spare, I'd appreciate it if you check it out. http://www.campusmoviefest.com/movies/27986-guns-on-campus-a-student-perspective

Sucks being a sitting duck just because your destination don't permit carrying.

We need to start a new program called "Bring a politician to your world day."....maybe once they get some punk stuffing a gun in their face or carjacking them they may just get a dose of what real people have to go through on any given day.

So how's the video doing?

I went to both the University of Georgia and Georgia Tech in the mid-60's.
At that time(before and quite a while after Kennedy was shot) EVERYONE who wanted a gun
could have one and that included college students. AT UGA, we ALL kept our guns and ammo in our Dorm Rooms, ON CAMPUS,
and openly carried them to / from ranges and out into the fields for hunting. NEVER an incident or accident involving
a firearm ... and no one foolish enough to think they could come onto campus and hurt a bunch of "defenseless" kids!

I do know that (back then) I also never met anyone who didn't know firearm safety and that wasn't well versed in the responsible use of a firearm!

Gun-Control nuts often cite our cities becoming like "the wild west" of the 19th century. What they forget is that 99% of that comes from fictional accounts
published in "dime novels" sold primarily in the Northeast! The facts are that (especially after the Civil War) the settlers in the west were comprised of a lot of veterans who knew how to, and wouldn't hesitate using a firearm to keep the peace! Yes, there were some "bad guys" out there, and they got hunted down and brought to justice by men wearing guns and public that that was armed and able to defend itself!

I'm not sure of current campus regulations about pepper-spray / tasers.
However, if I currently had a kid at college, he / she would (at the very least) have
a good supply of "Hornet Spray" so as to insure that the "Yellow-Jackets" are kept in check!
(Had to get a dig in on the Tech guys)

As an aside, I hope your Video includes something on firearms safety:

The safe handling of firearms requires specialized training, discipline and caution.
Firearms, by their nature and intended function, are deadly instruments. Accidental
death or serious injury can result if they are handled improperly or carelessly.
A person with a gun in his / her possession has a full-time responsibility. He / she must KNOW
how to keep and use his firearm safely, and then must always TAKE the necessary
precautions. He / she cannot guess; he / she cannot forget. This responsibility is his / hers alone. It
cannot be passed off to someone else!

Remember: No gun can be made accident-proof. A gun is just a machine, with no
judgement of its own. It responds to your actions, whether wise or foolish. The only
truly effective safety device is the mind of a cautious shooter who never forgets that
a moment's carelessness can produce permanent tragedy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom