• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Boudin is underway....

Mmmmm. Gonna do what I call a "sheet bake" tonight with another of the sausages. Will be the sliced sausage with some potatoes, peppers, and shallots or onions.

Well....that was a learning experience! We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how they turned out, but I'm feeling that they have too much liquid and too much salt. Although, I've been told that the rice will absorb the additional liquid and the salt supposedly mellow. We'll see.

IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4563.jpeg
IMG_4561.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

What REALLY sucks is when you make Boudin for the first time, then later you open the fridge and see the green onions and parsley that you prepped still sitting there. HAHA! Like I said, this was a big learning experience. Live & Learn.

What REALLY sucks is when you make Boudin for the first time, then later you open the fridge and see the green onions and parsley that you prepped still sitting there. HAHA! Like I said, this was a big learning experience. Live & Learn.
Cooked professionally for over 50 years and I still most always make a list. Not that I don’t know what goes in a dish but awfully easy to leave something out.

Cooked professionally for over 50 years and I still most always make a list. Not that I don’t know what goes in a dish but awfully easy to leave something out.
Yeah. Due to it being important that you stuff the sausage while the mixture is hot, I got ahead of myself. This was a good learning experience. Next batch will be much better. The flavor profile was good, but I need to back off on the salt a bit, reduce the braising liquid that I add back.....and remember the remaining ingredients. Haha.

Yeah. Due to it being important that you stuff the sausage while the mixture is hot, I got ahead of myself. This was a good learning experience. Next batch will be much better. The flavor profile was good, but I need to back off on the salt a bit, reduce the braising liquid that I add back.....and remember the remaining ingredients. Haha.
You win some, you loose some. My Smoked chicken andouille from last week turned out perfect.

IMG_4518.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom