• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pricing Primers

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I have a lot of primers that I paid a premium-panic prices for, some during the Clinton gun-grab panic of the mid 90's, the Bear-Stearns Lehman brothers monetary collapse panic of 2008, and a case or two bought in between at the going market rate during the calm.

During the previous panics, prices dropped to somewhat stable levels after the panic subsided. I am afraid that this time, due to the ongoing pre-wuhan monetary collapse, things are different. My guess is that this time, prices will not go back to normal, partly because of panic buying, but also because of inflation....and of course gubmint distortion. Check out the increase in copper over the last 6 months: http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper_historical.html

I had to learn the hard way from the price gouging going on starting in the 90's, that I would not be short again and stocked up in the lulls.

While the Wuhan hoax was sprung on the country quite suddenly, it's hysteria was used to draw attention away from who actually caused the collapse in the first place.

Why should I reward those who find themselves with no primers now by selling at below the going rate under current market conditions. They need the same painful learning experience I had in the earlier panics?

I think trading value for value, on a man to man, item for item basis, is going to be the preferred process. The fan is running and ready for impact.

I personally own primers that are a couple of decades old or more......they seem to work just fine if stored properly.
Yeah, if I store them myself, I'd have no problem. But in buying someone else's primers, I have no clue how they were stored.

Back
Top Bottom