• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pretty sure this has been discussed before…

BTW....I got the "what's the best CASH price" you'll take last night on the 52....told him that I always sell for cash here on the ODT....AND the best price was already listed....
That one always tickles the **** out of me. As opposed to a two-party, post dated check on The Muddy River Bank?

But my personal favorite (and I did receive this response once), was
’’I’ll take it, but I have to check with my wife first’’.
To his credit, he did not just ghost, but PMed later, apologizing and saying his wife wouldn’t let him purchase my $250 pistol.

…but just saw another dreaded “back in the safe” threat.
Has that ever worked? I mean you’re thinking … yes… no .. maybe.. on a purchase, then you see the possibility of that gat being snatched back to anonymity to reside in a dark, dusty safe for the foreseeable future? Then you crack open your wallet to rescue it?
I usually just laugh and move on, figuring those guys also “know what I’ve got” in that “rare, hard to find”, “LNIB” iteration of the gunmaker’s art, and aren’t willing to negotiate.
What say the great unwashed ODT?
I've read a few posts on here from folks wanting to sell something and then they go about explaining all THEIR rules for being eligible for YOU to buy from this individual. Statements like these tell me all I need to know about dealing with such wonderful human beings:

I'm not driving for this deal
You come to me
If you have to get your wifes permission.... no deal
NO low ball offers
Low ball offers will get ignored
Must have carry permit
One day only!
weekend deal only! after that it goes back to regular price
I know what I got
Rare
Highly sought after
After today it goes back in the safe
no tire kickers
Don't waste my time.........

it amazes me the lengths some people will go to to let everyone know how important they ARE and you ARE NOT.

…but just saw another dreaded “back in the safe” threat.
Has that ever worked? I mean you’re thinking … yes… no .. maybe.. on a purchase, then you see the possibility of that gat being snatched back to anonymity to reside in a dark, dusty safe for the foreseeable future? Then you crack open your wallet to rescue it?
I usually just laugh and move on, figuring those guys also “know what I’ve got” in that “rare, hard to find”, “LNIB” iteration of the gunmaker’s art, and aren’t willing to negotiate.
What say the great unwashed ODT?
No my truck didn't fit!

I've read a few posts on here from folks wanting to sell something and then they go about explaining all THEIR rules for being eligible for YOU to buy from this individual. Statements like these tell me all I need to know about dealing with such wonderful human beings:

You come to me
NO low ball offers
Must have carry permit
One day only!
I know what I got
Rare
Highly sought after
no tire kickers

it amazes me the lengths some people will go to to let everyone know how important they ARE and you ARE NOT.
You left out Gucci

You come to me
NO low ball offers
Must have carry permit
One day only!
I know what I got
Rare
Highly sought after
no tire kickers

You forgot
You have to be a member of at least 10 years and have 800 positive feedback

***Price Drop....Because I was just testing the waters:confused: OR, Final price drop because I shot the crap out of it and that's what I have in it including the ammo I shot up.

***Price Drop....Because I was just testing the waters:confused: OR, Final price drop because I shot the crap out of it and that's what I have in it including the ammo I shot up.
Don't forget your coffee and donut bill from the stop on the way to the range. I always add that.

Back
Top Bottom