• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pressure Washer Soap

I finally bought a pressure washer. I need to do some painting and other maintenance here at the house, so I figured I'd just buy one to have as my very own. What kind of soap is a good, economical choice? I was in Dollar General the other day and saw that they have 1/2 gallons of Totally Awesome cleaner for like $3.00 I think. Anyone use it? Something else?

What say the experts?

View attachment 2631193
Actually that's good stuff. I use it in my garage. Never used it in a pressure washer.

I have used mine on driveways, vinyl siding and wooden fences but haven't used any soap. The pressure alone has produced good results for me. If I were to used some, I'd use Simple Green or something similar that is biodegradable so I wouldn't kill all of the plants. For oil that's soaked in on concrete, I've been told muratic acid and then pressure washing will do a very good job.

Wouldn't run bleach through a pressure washer chemical injector. Spray on with a garden sprayer

This x2! Quick and easy way to dry your rubber gaskets and o-rings out causing your pump to leak best case or completely fail worse case. Krud Kutter is safe and your owners manual should also list solutions you can use without voiding your warranty. If you decide to use something else not listed I highly suggest flushing the pump with soap solution and then clean water for several minutes to clean everything out.

When I was a young man I pressure washed on weekends for extra cash.
Bleach & TSP are cheap, effective, and not dangerous.
As some have said; never run chemicals through the pump of a pressure washer.
Mine had a CAT ceramic piston pump,(expensive) and I was poor.
For 1 gallon 1 part bleach and 3 parts water & 1/4 cup TSP powder.
Bleach takes care of mold & mildew. TSP takes out the crud and grease.
Mix TSP into 3 qts. water then add bleach to fill to 1 gallon.
Apply solution with pump garden sprayer, let dwell 5 mins on surface prior to pressure washing.
Let the chemicals do the work, not so much the pressure washer.
Do not use on TSP/bleach on automotive paints.
Pre-wet any glass/windows/shrubs and make sure solution does not dry on glass prior to pressure washing, or TSP will etch the glass.
Do not allow chemical solution to dry on any surface, prior to pressure washing.
If chemicals need more dwell time, mist with water to keep surface wet.
Rinse shrubs/plants/flowers well when cleaning is complete.
Simple Green also works great on oily spots in driveways.
Spray it on spots let it dwell 5 mins., agitate with a brush and pressure wash.

Back
Top Bottom