• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Precision Rifle Builder???

dvlerin41

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
I have a buddy/customer looking for a precision hunting rifle, looking for recommendations? He wants it as light as possible and in 7mm PRC

He initially was looking at the Proof Research Glacier TI in 7mm PRC (around 7k), but I have not been able to find one in stock. I am no expert in precision builds, but I do know they get expensive quick and take some time. He has a pretty hefty budget and a 2 yearish window to get this done before a hunting trip.... any recommendations?

Looked at GA Precision and Altus so far

If you're looking for a bolt action there's a gun builder in Alabama that does them and is supposed to be the man. Give me just a few minutes to look him up and I'll give you the name. I saw it on a episode of one of the shows on the gun Channel and he uses Premier parts and does a wonderful job.

If you're looking for a bolt action there's a gun builder in Alabama that does them and is supposed to be the man. Give me just a few minutes to look him up and I'll give you the name. I saw it on a episode of one of the shows on the gun Channel and he uses Premier parts and does a wonderful job.
Thanks! yes looking for a bolt action

I'm still researching to find that episode. The two host that were doing a long range take mentioned where they got their custom gun builds made and I believe it was Meredith custom guns but I'm not 100% sure. They swore by his builds and he and goes into great detail on what will be the main focus of what you will be using the gun for. But you may want to forewarn him that those custom Bolt Action Gun makers charge big money. If he wants to stay in the realm of affordability Bergara is an dynamic gun. I always seem to forget about them when I'm looking into both action guns.

I'm still researching to find that episode. The two host that were doing a long range take mentioned where they got their custom gun builds made and I believe it was Meredith custom guns but I'm not 100% sure. They swore by his builds and he and goes into great detail on what will be the main focus of what you will be using the gun for. But you may want to forewarn him that those custom Bolt Action Gun makers charge big money. If he wants to stay in the realm of affordability Bergara is an dynamic gun. I always seem to forget about them when I'm looking into both action guns.
Yeah I have tried to talk him into something more reasonable, but he is set on something high end... he isn't one to buy budget friendly guns.

Back
Top Bottom