• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Prayers needed. My dad to have heart surgery

Sorry about your Dad's heart, I know this is tough to deal with, especially the waiting for him and the family. Take heart (pun intended) that they have come so far in these operations its almost mundane.

Let us know how it goes this week!

Good luck to your dad.
My dad had a mild heart attack on the operating table during quadruple bypass heart surgery in 1977, and he lived 38 more years after that! At least the next 32-34 were good years, where he was healthy and active, pretty physically fit, self-sufficient, able to swim, able to ride an exercise bike...

A heart attack and open-heart surgery is NOT a death sentence. If he comes out of it OK, and takes his meds and does the diet and exercise thing afterward, he can live long and prosper, as Mr. Spock would say.

Thanks guys! He is 62 and in good health. He should be able to recover quickly. He already has a mechanical valve that he got 10 years ago due to a congenital heart defect. That will make things a bit trickier since he will have to be weened off blood thinners prior to going under the knife

Best of luck with your Pops.

You reminded me to call and check on my dad too. A couple months ago he'd had a heart attack and barely made it it to the ER. They went in and cleaned him out, and last week they put in a auto defibrillator to jump start him if his heart quits again.

Modern cardiac surgery/technology is amazing.

:thumb:Prayers Sent

( my wife tries hard not laugh at the dinner prayer when I mention some of the screen names from the ODT)

Haha, yea I just say a guy from ODT
Best of luck with your Pops.

You reminded me to call and check on my dad too. A couple months ago he'd had a heart attack and barely made it it to the ER. They went in and cleaned him out, and last week they put in a auto defibrillator to jump start him if his heart quits again.

Modern cardiac surgery/technology is amazing.

Thanks, I'm glad it went well

Back
Top Bottom