Powerball Craziness

Meanwhile i'm over here like

giphy.gif

So what's to stop some billionaire from just saying "I want all the #s"? Sure, if 3 or 4 others hit the person is screwed but even splitting money with someone else is a sure thing.

The only way it would be economically feasible would be if you win it alone. The cash option takes off about 1/3 and then the feds and the state rape you for 48% of what's left. A single winner would take home around $450M. If you have to split it and dished out $292M, you'd be in the red.

The only way it would be economically feasible would be if you win it alone. The cash option takes off about 1/3 and then the feds and the state rape you for 48% of what's left. A single winner would take home around $450M. If you have to split it and dished out $292M, you'd be in the red.

Gotcha, I wasn't aware of the greatly reduced cash option. If no one wins the next time, it might make more sense.

Gotcha, I wasn't aware of the greatly reduced cash option. If no one wins the next time, it might make more sense.

For sure. But with the obsession people have with this thing, there will likely be a winner this go round. I only play if it gets above $200M and I buy one. This go round - maybe 5, maybe. I see people getting like 50 at a time and I'm thinking get a ****ing life.

Back
Top Bottom