• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Post your shameful deer mishaps here.

When I was a younger hunter, way back in the early 60's, a friend was hunting near me during deer season. He shot a nice buck one afternoon. We were hunting in a state that required you to tag your deer immediately. He walked up to his deer and cut a slit in the ear and tied his tag on. He then went to flip the deer on it's back to begin field dressing it, at that moment the deer began kicking and struggling to get back on it's feet. He had leaned his gun against a tree about 20 ft away. The deer jumped to it's feet and ran off while he tried to grab his gun. The deer was very much alive and now had his deer tag tied in it's ear. We hunted that deer for 3 days and finally on the 4th day I shot the deer with his tag still tied in it's ear. We looked the deer over closely to see where he had hit it days before and only found a mark on the head near the base of one antler. Apparently he only knocked the deer out with his shot as there were no other wounds except the shot I put in it. i let him keep it since he already had a tag on it.....lol

One of my hunting partners sons jumped on a deers back from a tree and sliced its throat.
He rode it like a bucking bronco for a while till it bucked him off then he ran it down and wrestled it to the ground and stabbed it in the heart for good measure.
His Dad asked him why the hell he did that and he told him his rifle misfired and jammed so he did what he had to do.

He did something similar again after double lunging a deer that just stood there after he shot it....he ran up to it and sliced its throat.....then it finally ran but not far....lol.

Yes he is a sick bastard but if the proverbial crap ever hits the fan.....I want him on my team.

One of my hunting partners sons jumped on a deers back from a tree and sliced its throat.
He rode it like a bucking bronco for a while till it bucked him off then he ran it down and wrestled it to the ground and stabbed it in the heart for good measure.
His Dad asked him why the hell he did that and he told him his rifle misfired and jammed so he did what he had to do.

He did something similar again after double lunging a deer that just stood there after he shot it....he ran up to it and sliced its throat.....then it finally ran but not far....lol.

Yes he is a sick bastard but if the proverbial crap ever hits the fan.....I want him on my team.

Sounds like one of those ridge runners from West Virginny

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383222322.271616.jpg
Does this count as a mishap?

I can neither confirm nor deny that there is an incriminating video of a certain mod and another member, both who's guns were not sighted in, possibly missing 7 - 10 deer that were running at them. :redface:

I'll confirm that it does in fact exist and despite 15+ rounds being fired I am pretty sure I can heard the deer snicker as they scamper away....

20 feet up a tree with my BOWTECH and didn't have a range finder. 2 big does came walking in at what I judged to be 30yds. One stopped broadside so I put my 30yd pin on her and let it fly. It was within the last 30min of legal shooting time at night. She jumped up and walked about 10 feet left and stood there looking to see what happend. I knew I missed her. She then walks right back to the same exact spot and continues eating. I put the 30yd pin on her again and let it fly. This time she bolted out of there. I climbed down and went to the spot looking for my arrows. Both arrows were side by side about an inch apart with no blood on either. I learned 2 things that day. 1st my BOWTECH was dead on at 30yds and 2nd I suck at judging range so I carry a range finder now.

Back
Top Bottom