• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Post your favorite Ar build list.

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
Like the title says, post your favorite AR build list. Let's put together a reference of proven components and vendors.
Post the item , price and your vendor of choice for each part.

I will admit I am actually fishing for a build list for a possible rifle of my own.

any caliber any style.

I've put together a few lowers and 2 uppers from parts and have used parts from several different manufacturers and luckily haven't had a failure from any. I have only ordered from reputable dealers and try to avoid buying something just because it's cheap, but I also don't buy something just because it's the 'new/shiny' must-have doohicky.

I haven't had a problem with Palmetto State classic LPK's but haven't used any PTAC products. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/parts-kits.html
I have used Weapon Outfitters for LPK's and for White Oak Armament barrels for more specific builds http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/

I have used BCG's from Bravo Company, LMT, Rainer,and PSA and even from AIM Surplus when they have their good ones on sale.

I'd have to pull up some emails to put together a build list with prices and sources.

Barrel: AR Performance or FN - $185ish
BCG: PSA, Daniel Defense, or BCM - $160ish
LPK: Daniel Defense or PSA - $50 to 90
Trigger: ALG (on a budget) or Geiselle - $50 to 250
Hand guard: stock M4, magpul or B5 - $15 to 40
Stock: MFT minimalist - $45
Buffer: Standard or H buffer - BCM or PSA - $20
Sights: F-marked FSB with Daniel Defense fixed rear, aimpoint pro or micro if money is not much of a concern - $100 to 800
Muzzle Device: Silencerco Specwar muzzle brake - $70
Upper Parts Kit: PSA - $35
Pistol grip: BCM gunfighter - $30
Charging handle: BCM gunfighter mod 3 - $45
Lower Receiver: standard milspec with whatever rollmark floats your boat - $60 to 200

Last edited:
I've put together a few lowers and 2 uppers from parts and have used parts from several different manufacturers and luckily haven't had a failure from any. I have only ordered from reputable dealers and try to avoid buying something just because it's cheap, but I also don't buy something just because it's the 'new/shiny' must-have doohicky.

I haven't had a problem with Palmetto State classic LPK's but haven't used any PTAC products. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/parts-kits.html
I have used Weapon Outfitters for LPK's and for White Oak Armament barrels for more specific builds http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/

I have used BCG's from Bravo Company, LMT, Rainer,and PSA and even from AIM Surplus when they have their good ones on sale.

I'd have to pull up some emails to put together a build list with prices and sources.

Last weekend, I had an aim surplus bcg prematurely end my range outing. The gas key came loose.

Sorry about the formatting below, this came out of my built document where I was putting together the parts as I ordered them. Runs great, just waiting on fixing the rail to get it a little lighter

Seekens SP223 Billet Lower Gen 2 with logo

AAC 300 blackout 9” complete upper
(Replacing the Knights armament handguard with a BCM KMR, still in progress)

KNS Precision NRTHP-ST-BLK Gen-ST Black .154 Anti-Rotation Trigger/Hammer Pins

Magpul MAG529 ASAP-QD AR15/M4 Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point QD End-Plate

Battle Arms Development Enhanced Pins Set

Seekins Precision Billet Mag Release - Black

Seekins Precision Safety Selector Kit - Black

Damage USA Enhanced parts Upgrade kit and all enhanced springs

Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3G) Trigger

SOE Bungee Single Point Sling

Magpul MBUS sights

Aimpoint Micro T-2 with LaRue tactical absolute mount

Silencerco Omega

H2 buffer, generic from I think BravoTac

Makko Group GL-Shock recoil reducing buttstock

My latest build, wanting to make a KISS, light weight 300BLK carbine.
Factory S&W M&P15 lower (I had aprox $250 in it, it came off of a donor)
A BCM upper that came with the forward assist and dust cover ($100 off Amazon)
Installed a 14.5" AAC barrel with there 51T comp pinned and welded, AAC gas block and tube (Aprox $200 used)
S&W BCG (Same donor but you can call it $100), an unknown aftermarket charging handle that is marked as "300 AAC" for caliber id
Samson Evolution Keymod (I like it because its light and narrow) ($100 off Amazon)
Diamond Head sights (Off of another donor $200 MSRP)

This was when it was pinned to a different lower. And Ive since added an EOTech 512

06262015507-jpg.477453

07142015510.jpg

Last edited:
I've built a bunch of PSA kits and they are fine for the average shooter. That being said if you want something different most of this came from Integrity Arms.

Integrity Arms 18" spiral fluted, 5R, melonite treaded barrel. Just add the parts that you want and you can price/pick it up at one place. The Aero Precision lowers are nice to work with. CMMG lower parts with an ALG trigger make a good feeling lower, KNS pins maybe if running suppressed. Upgrade the trigger guard to what ever you like. Plus, you will get great advice and customer service from Justin when you pick up parts.

just my two cents but in my recent builds i have been using rock river lpk's with the two stage trigger, if you dont plan on installing a higher end trigger the RRA trigger and way better than the milspec for not much more.

Also been liking some of the Ares armor accessories (Harpe rail, gavel selector, and BCG)

Back
Top Bottom