• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

post wshtf communications.

First line of communication is cell. Second line of communication is in the 19m band SSB modulated. Third is a safe word and signal at a secondary location.

As far as information gathering, ham and cb are two really good shortwave options you can have on the cheap IMO, but don't forget about am. Likely to be the first global voice after the SHTF.

First line of communication is cell. Second line of communication is in the 19m band SSB modulated. Third is a safe word and signal at a secondary location.

As far as information gathering, ham and cb are two really good shortwave options you can have on the cheap IMO, but don't forget about am. Likely to be the first global voice after the SHTF.

I believe CB is AM......not short wave

MURS radios work very well--they are FM radios on VHF band and require no license. GMRS UHF radios require a $75.00 family license that is easily obtained and can work through repeaters to achieve wide area coverage. Low power UHF communications suffer in the summer as plants and trees attenuate the UHF signals--not so much with VHF. UHF works well in urban areas tho.

You can buy commercial quality VHF and UHF radios for about the same price as the little FRS radios. There are several type accepted VHF and dual band VHF radios currently being imported from China. I have been selling two different models to my scooter/MC customers for about a year and everyone is satisfied with them.

MTC dual band is a tiny 2 watt dual band raido with 100 memory channels that works from 136mhz to 176mhz and 400mhz to 470mhz. I channelize them to MURS frequencys, add NWS frequencys and sometimes add local police and fire in receive only mode. The radio has VOX and will work standard and non-standard frequency shifts. With proper authorization they can be programmed to operate on police, fire or business frequencys.

The Puxon 777 is a larger 6 watt 99 channel VHF only radio (136-176mhz). This radio also has VOX and will work standard and non-standard frequency shifts and in addition has a built in scrambler/descrambler capability.

Both of these radios complete with accessories sell for less than $75.00 each.
View attachment 86609

Back
Top Bottom