Pontoon/deck boat owners....

Bass Akwards

Default rank 5000+ posts
Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
48   0
Reaction score
Soon I will be in the market for a new boat. I will be looking for something to take the family out in, I am thinking either pontoon or deck boat. I have never been on a deck boat, and pontoons seem to be PITA and slow. Thoughts?

Hey, I have owned several Pontoon Boats, but only one deck boat. If you do not like slow, I highly recommend a Sea Ray 240D. You will love it!

Have heard all the BS for years about boats. I have had 3 pontoon boats in the past 18 years. Carefully bought them used and sold them and bought another used approx. 5-6 years apart. My average cost was about $3,000 to up-grade each time. ($50 a month). The only repair I had was on the last one that had to have a voltage regulator. Shop around and enjoy. If you want a speed boat, don't buy a pontoon. If you want to cruise the lake and watch the sun set etc., go for it.

Hey, I have owned several Pontoon Boats, but only one deck boat. If you do not like slow, I highly recommend a Sea Ray 240D. You will love it!

I am not really into pleasure boats, I need something I can fish out of which the flat platform is perfect. I have seen several people having issues towing, loading and unloading pontoons, but they could be morons which we have all seen at the ramp.

I have seen some 125-150's on pontoons, just wonder if it safe to have that much motor but don't want to put around either.

I have seen some 125-150's on pontoons, just wonder if it safe to have that much motor but don't want to put around either.

Look at some of the Tri Toons they put big motors on the ,, there is one on Sinclair that has 2/200hp mercs on it, I know it will run in the mid 70s and its pretty stable

Look at some of the Tri Toons they put big motors on the ,, there is one on Sinclair that has 2/200hp mercs on it, I know it will run in the mid 70s and its pretty stable
Now thats what I'm talking about. Last year I had a "toon" of some kind pass me like I was sitting still...wonder if it was a tri toon?

Back
Top Bottom