• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poly Tech butt stock mockup

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
So, I am still patiently awaiting the arrival of my new Polytech buttstock. In the mean time I had nothing to put on my gun until it arrived. Then, as luck would have it, someone at work gave me a buttstock for a milled something or other. I had no use for it really other than getting the plate and cleaner off of it. So, I went to work on it and fabbed a block that would fit the polytech. Then I reshaped the bottom of the stock to match the contour of the receiver. It's a little flat across the bottom but it will do the trick until the real thing arrives. It's secured just like a regular stock and fits perfect.

Anyway, just for kicks, here's a picture. You can see the slight color difference at the bottom of the buttstock where I stained it with a single coat of minwax and a coat of Tung Oil.

To be honest, if I blend the color a little more nobody would notice without close scrutiny.

i212.photobucket.com_albums_cc81_jbabbler_milsurplus_mockup.jpg

Last edited:
A PolyTech stock has a 'drop' to the cheek area, that stock is straight, like a Yugoslav.

I grew up with Chinese ak's. The difference is obvious to me.

It will be right when the original stock shows up.

Good job on the stain.

"someone at work gave me a buttstock"

"Is that the stock I gave ya?"

Looks like you've got some nice friends. Can I borrow a couple from you, it seems like with all of my friends I'm always on the giving end of the deals. :)

Back
Top Bottom