• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poll: Should teachers be allowed to carry guns in school?

With proper training, psychological evaluation and background check; I'd say yes.

My daughter is a teacher. I've discussed this with her. She hasn't made up her mind. I'm not so sure if they should be carried, as prepositioned in secured, strategic areas with protective vests. If needed, lock down the school, locate the threat and have the qualified teachers respond until the authorities arrive.

Tough question.

Yes, and I dont think mandatory training is in order for CC in general but to carry at school i do agree. I consider that carrying professionally, not personally.

The no votes are winning!!
not any more :cool-new:

i.imgur.com_fXLneIG.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.png

No.
I think of all the teachers I know, and they are not of the same mindset as leo's. Very few could serve both roles. They interact daily, and closely, with students and the potential for inadvertently supplying a weapon to a troubled student is too great. Teachers have hectic schedules and firearm discipline will suffer. Kids have too much opportunity to take advantage of this and acquire a weapon.
An officer in the school is a much better idea IMO. Someone who is a little more distant from the students and trained for the job. Let the teachers interact with the kids and teach as they were trained to do. It isn't perfect, but it errs to the side of least risk.

Back
Top Bottom