• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Polishing LCP Barrel ?

1. For soaking in vinegar, CLR or other solvent, I recommend using ear plugs to plug up the barrel to avoid any potential damage to the bore (although I do not suspect that vinegar, the only solvent I have used, myself, would cause damage-- still, better safe than sorry).

2. For stubborn finish that doesn't come off with solvent, using the brush/ cleanup wheel on the Dremel tool works fine.

3. For a good, uniformly shiny polish job, I highly recommend using a progressive approach, with several stages of polishing. You'll get a much better shine on that barrel if you start with a rougher compound and work up to a very fine polishing medium. While it takes more time and uses more buffing wheels, I would recommend starting with black emery and working up through jeweler's rouge. You can buy a set of 6 bricks of polishing compound in various grits on Amazon for less than $13. http://www.amazon.com/6-pc-Polishin...id=1381768351&sr=8-1&keywords=polishing+rouge.

4. Finally, after you're done with your polish job, you have two options for keeping it nice and corrosion-free: first, you can get it clearcoated (Cerakote makes a gloss clear that seems perfect for the application) or, second, you can make damn sure to keep a healthy coat of oil on the polished surface. I have gone with the second option, using a hair dryer or heat gun to warm the barrel before applying a liberal dose of Froglube paste, and I have not had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom