Poacher

Poachers will poach no matter what laws are put in place. Their lack of respect for the law governs their actions.

AND their wasteful on top of everything else.

"Two conservation officers arrived on scene and found three men and the dead deer. Because the animal had not been field dressed, the meat had spoiled and was unable to be donated."

Shooting a "trophy" deer should always be a misdemeanor for a first offense, even if the antler spread was really big.
A felony for poaching.... really?

I'd rather call it three misdemeanors:
1-- hunting illegally from a road,
2-- hunting with a spotlight at night,
3- unlawfully failing to tag and report the kill.

Confiscate his gun and his vehicle if you want --As far as I'm concerned they're both "tools of the crime" and if you commit a crime you should never expect to see your tools again. They should be sold at public auction and the money used to support wildlife rehabilitation and hunter safety programs.

But no felony level conviction.

Confiscate his gun and his vehicle if you want --As far as I'm concerned they're both "tools of the crime" and if you commit a crime you should never expect to see your tools again. They should be sold at public auction and the money used to support wildlife rehabilitation and hunter safety programs.
I thought that was something they normally did in these cases.

Back
Top Bottom