• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please sponsor for B.Byrd

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
@detour posted this at the end of the thread for B.Byrd's memorial and I thought it would be seen better in a new thread. This is a sponsorship in the honor of people stricken with blood born cancer's, Leukemia. I copied and pasted from previous thread.

I wanted to post one more time to thank all of you for being so caring towards our family. Words can't even describe how awesome I think you all are. This place is the definition of good people. We are doing pretty well. There's a lot to do and we've leaned on several of you personally. I wish I could've chatted with more of you at the service, but obviously I had my wife to look out for first. I'll be more social when I can make it out to a meet.

I can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post or to any of you in person. This Saturday, I am walking in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. We walk at night carrying lanterns for the people who have, have survived, or have been lost to blood cancers. LLS is a charity Charlie donated to from time to time. If you would like to donate, you can sponsor me here: http://pages.lightthenight.org/ga/Atlanta15/AKintner. No pressure to do so, of course. I'll be walking with a red lantern in Charlie's memory.

I'm also going to match the first $250 of donations that come in. I'm not quite there yet, though. And let's be honest, I'm going to donate that money either way. :) The company I work for will also match my donation, so that's pretty good bang for your buck if you decide to toss a few dollars this way.

Thanks again for being amazing to our family.

Tim, my wife, daughter in law, and both grand children are walking Sunday for the same foundation. This walk is in the Cumming area where my son and his wife live. I have already donated to this event, in honor of Charlie. Since I have already committed to walking on Sunday, I cannot make the walk on Saturday.
I certainly hope that everyone in your area will commit their money and time to this event.

Tim, my wife, daughter in law, and both grand children are walking Sunday for the same foundation. This walk is in the Cumming area where my son and his wife live. I have already donated to this event, in honor of Charlie. Since I have already committed to walking on Sunday, I cannot make the walk on Saturday.
I certainly hope that everyone in your area will commit their money and time to this event.
Thanks Jerry, I sincerely hope we can raise alot of money for this cause. The disease affects so many people in our lives. Even with treatment the leukemia still disrupts quality of life for years.

Charlie loved to have lunch with myself and other friends, he would have to go when restaurants were not crowded,awkward times of the day to avoid jerms as much as possible. He still was talking a huge risk every time he went out in public.

So let's raise some money in B.Byrd's memory. @detour is walking with the lantern.

Back
Top Bottom