• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Plated Cast Lead bullets in Glock factory barrel??

Blake, if there is one thing I've learned on ODT, it's to listen when ngcsugrad is "speaking" :) I think you are good to go...

Copper plated ammo will perform exactly like fmj in a glock. I've recovered copper plated rounds after firing and found that the copper sheath was fully intact. If your not comfortable with it don't run it, I'll give you $20 for the lot because my glock likes them...

I am new to Glocks, but not new to shooting (right at 30 years now), been reloading since 98 and casting bullets since 99. I just recently got a G36 here on a trade and have been very happy with it. The first thing I did was shoot 100 rounds of handcast 230gr. TC bullets out of steel Wolf cases (the horror)....The gun functioned perfectly fine. Clean as a whistle and functioned perfectly. The only thing this pistol has not gobbled up is the SWC 200gr. bullets I tried to feed it. And I USE WHEEL WEIGHTS (double shock and horror!!!) to cast my bullets with. I have a SAECO tester and they are dropping right at Lyman alloy #2. Plenty hard. There is a local LEO who competes with his G22 and has shot about 40,000 cast bullets through the factory barrel without a single complaint or blow up. And he does well from what I hear. I too perpetuated this internet fallacy about Glocks and cast bullets, only to realize I need to shut my mouth when I don't know what I am talking about. My buddy shot my Glock and he only used jacketed bullets in it.....Now I have this ugly copper skidmark on the feed ramp.....

Plating is just a cheaper way of achieving the same thing as fmj. Shoot with confidence, I buy them from Berry's and have shot thousands of rounds with zero leading issues.

I have been shooting cast lead in my Glock 23 and 19 for several years with no problems at all. The .40cal seems to like the lead better than the 9mm as far as accuracy goes.

Copper plated is just fine. I've shot many thousands of it through my Glocks.

Even lead is fine as long as it is hard enough. It's the home brew wheel weight lead that gets people into trouble if they don't know what they are doing.

The accuracy is even great with both..

What this guy said

Back
Top Bottom