• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up some 9mm and .40 brass today

Boregauge

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I think more people are starting to reload because the guy I get brass from has been low for a while he says.I picked up 10,000 9mm and 6000 .40 now I just have to run them thru the tumbler.still waiting on my dillon case trimmer.I have had it with the hand cranking/drill method. reloading 001.JPG

Please tell me you are not trimming those pistol cases by hand! I don't trim pistol brass at all, and can't imagine doing a lot that size.

AMEN!

I was going to ask the same question, but you beat me to it ....
I have a Gracey Case Trimmer and only use it for .223 and .308.
I can't remember finding more than a very very few pistol cartridges that came close to needing trimming?!

I do have my own proclivities though: I "Gauge" each and every .45 ACP, .40 S&W or 9 mm Round in
a caliber-specific Lyman Head-space Gauge after reloading ... while 99% pass, there are a few
that don't (usually because of "Glock Bulge", and they go through my Lee Bulge-Buster!).

BTW: I have a wet tumbler (copied from RoseJackets67) that I can now do batches of up to 1000 .223 cases at a time.
Takes nearly 4 hours to get them "like new" and the "loaded" container weighs around 80 Pounds .... but it gets the job done!

Your right I don't trim my pistol brass just the 223 if needed I would like to se a picture of the wet tumbler you have is it home made or store bought,for a couple of seconds I thought about putting it all in my wifes dryier all at once with about 100 lbs of crushed walnut shells but when she caught me looking in the dryier she asked me what I was doing I just said looking for a lost sock,I promply closed it up and started using the tumbler,I have already cleaned about 2,000 .40 cases and reloaded 500 tonight,I am going to try to load another 500 tomorrow.I am still waiting on the case trimmer from dillon.I think I am going to give them a ring tomorrow.the cloth bag is all 9mm brass that is already clean.then there is a box of 10,000 pcs of 9mm. it still needs to be cleaned.the tumbler will be running day and night for a while.one time I had it running for 3 months straight and its still churnning away.

hey bore if you would be willing to let go some of the 9mm please let me know ..oh also how was the trip.. and i hope your back is ok

Last edited:
Dragon for sure you are an honest down to earth people person tell me what you would like to have and I will see if I can make it happen.Karma goes a long way with me,but if someone screws me over I won't say a thing but you will know that payback has been dealt.like I said before its not all about the money.the guy who you help today might be the guy who saves your ass tomorrow.let me know what it will take to get you up and running componet wise.

Back
Top Bottom