• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Photo order in listings

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out how to re order photos in listings after the update.

I also can't figure out how to put them in line with what I write instead.of at the bottom.

Let's say I want to put a relevant .gif in the description or even a photo. I insert it as such.....ends up at the bottom.

Can I get educated on how to do this? Or can the site dev. fix this?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to re order photos in listings after the update.

I also can't figure out how to put them in line with what I write instead.of at the bottom.

Let's say I want to put a relevant .gif in the description or even a photo. I insert it as such.....ends up at the bottom.

Can I get educated on how to do this? Or can the site dev. fix this?
Ditto

Testing. Will add a photo immediately after I complete this sentence, leaving the cursor right where it was at the end of the sentence.
F624A955-9AC2-49D9-98E3-5953431B4B62.jpeg

(Edited to add: I think you have to make the image a full image, rather than a thumbnail, if you want it to be any place other than the bottom of your post.)

7ED05708-362C-4415-A7FE-B87435816CAA.jpeg

That photo in my post above ended up at the end of the sentence.

Now I will try to upload a photo first, and type my text after that, and then hit "post."

(This required that I make the photo a full image first, then I put my cursor on the bottom right corner of the photograph and then hit enter to take me down to the next blank line to type text on.)

Okay, so that's how you can make a photo come first or come last now let's see about putting it in the middle of the text.

Will the photo will go here IF I Put my cursor here and leave it in the spot, undisturbed while I go down to "upload an image" and select that same photo again?

Then I hope this line here will be the final line of my post, which should be directly below the photo of Captain Kirk shooting science officer Spock with a phaser.
035B2E63-A4A5-4F7D-B75E-BB8B74369889.jpeg

******** The answer is NO. The photo is not automatically placed where your cursor was left in the text. *******

Apparently the only way to have a series of photos with words in between them

is to post (Full View) the photos first,

and then place your cursor in between the photos where you want your text to appear,

and then type your words,

and then move the cursor to the next space in between photos to type some other words.

I'll try that in my next post.

Okay, so the first thing I did was upload six images. I had to individually tell the system to upload each one as a full image not a thumbnail. The second thing I did was put my cursor above the upper right corner of the first photo & hit "enter" a couple times to give me room to type this paragraph right here!

2FA7E17C-7263-4FFF-91EE-22CB880DC25C.jpeg

Next, I moved my cursor below the funny meme of the cat cuddling the yarn and typed this text.
E83EEE53-CCA0-4F00-AD2A-E8856A76A289.jpeg

The above meme featuring the "barren field" is one I rarely use, but I like having it available under the right circumstances.

791E7124-F32C-4FBC-8245-B301FFFC610A.jpeg

What can I say-- I was kind of bored while I was sorting through my screw, bolt, nut, & washer collection the other day in the workshop.

E46BA13B-09AE-4869-A917-22DFF9DD7A4B.jpeg

There are times when I must resist the temptation to buy a gun that I really would like to own but have no practical use for, and no room in my budget for, and no room in the gun safe for.

93142ABC-EB57-4676-9C52-B6B9E4B2FD06.png

The Hank Hill image is awkward in more than one way. The image file itself has a huge amount of white space around it which means I can't put the cursor where I would like to, but that's just how the cookie has crumbled!

F146F8EF-58B1-4480-9F30-900D4445EE48.jpeg

This grim reaper meme is more funny than evil, I think. I LoL'd first time I saw it.

Okay, so the first thing I did was upload six images. I had to individually tell the system to upload each one as a full image not a thumbnail. The second thing I did was put my cursor above the upper right corner of the first photo & hit "enter" a couple times to give me room to type this paragraph right here!

View attachment 3558422
Next, I moved my cursor below the funny meme of the cat cuddling the yarn and typed this text.
View attachment 3558423

The above meme featuring the "barren field" is one I rarely use, but I like having it available under the right circumstances.

View attachment 3558424

What can I say-- I was kind of bored while I was sorting through my screw, bolt, nut, & washer collection the other day in the workshop.

View attachment 3558425

There are times when I must resist the temptation to buy a gun that I really would like to own but have no practical use for, and no room in my budget for, and no room in the gun safe for.

View attachment 3558426

The Hank Hill image is awkward in more than one way. The image file itself has a huge amount of white space around it which means I can't put the cursor where I would like to, but that's just how the cookie has crumbled!

View attachment 3558427

This grim reaper meme is more funny than evil, I think. I LoL'd first time I saw it.

I'm specifically referring to images placed in an ad. There's no issue in the other sub forums such as this.

Back
Top Bottom