• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Perservernce Pays Big

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
This for the guys out there looking for land to hunt i know how frustrating the search can be and how expensive when you have to pay but keep looking and asking sooner or later you will find some. I have been searching for months for good land the hundred acres I normally hunt is getting crowded with brothers moving back and wanting to hunt it so i started 3 months ago looking for more land where i can manage and manage my way. Up til today i had gotten a 20 acre stretch with very few deer and that was all and i kept searching and me being on a budget paying a lease wasnt an option then tonight it happened 400 acres in an area that some of the biggest deer in Murray County have come from bear turkey everything i am just ecstatic! Just when i was about to give up someone I hadnt even thought about heard I was looking and called me! Have faith brothers and keep looking!

Yeah man, nice score!

Hope you fill the freezer up tight this coming season.

Location is everything.

My buddy invited me to a eight Acre tract that borders dawson forest and we see or kill deer there every time we go......then there is another 30 acre tract 10 miles away that is not so hot even though it should be prime deer land with three streams, plenty acorns, cover, pine stands, etc.

Hunting pressure may be a factor as well since the larger property is surrounded by areas not hunted.

Good to hear. I am blessed with a few small pieces of private property I am able to hunt each year. Its all close to the house and I can kill a deer about every time I go.

Back
Top Bottom