• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pelican cooler

Nice. You'll love your high end cooler. I'm a huge fan of the Yeti brand but I really haven't seen a high end brand or high end model that doesn't work well. I think the pelican and yeti are on top of my favorites list though. My Yeti Tundra 65 and 35 do really well in all situations.

Originally I was going to go with they Yeti.

Then I found out the Pelican has a lifetime warranty (Yeti is 5 years)

They're all made in the USA (Some yetis are made in the Phillippines)

65 qt Yeti would have been around $100 more plus shipping and taxes.

Yetis are great coolers and my friends that have them love them. I just decided to go a different route.

Originally I was going to go with they Yeti.

Then I found out the Pelican has a lifetime warranty (Yeti is 5 years)

They're all made in the USA (Some yetis are made in the Phillippines)

65 qt Yeti would have been around $100 more plus shipping and taxes.

Yetis are great coolers and my friends that have them love them. I just decided to go a different route.

That makes perfect sense to me!

I know you'll really enjoy the pelican too. I have a couple friends that did an ice test on their coolers. The pelican and the yeti both got 7 days with ice after a proper pre-cool in both with 10lbs of ice for 1 hour. They dumped 20 pounds in each cooler and on the end of the 7th day both had lost all ice but the water was still really cold. Both kept outside in the shade too.

I have a 45 qt Pelican. We had a party on Saturday and I topped off the ice early Sunday. I've opened it about once a day to look at the level. As of now (~4.5 days) it's almost all water now, but everything is still very cold. There's just a few beers and juice boxes in there. At 7 days the water might still be cold, we'll see I guess. The Coleman we had was lukewarm water a day later, but was opened much more on Saturday.

ive got the 45qrt and use it everyday to carry water/lunch to work and for the price id buy it anyday over any yeti plus their warranty is lifetime. the key is pack it slam full to the top and dont let a lot of air get in between. they will hold is for a while and they are built like p series ruger...i like the clips/snaps better than yetis rubber ones and the handles are way better plus you can order anything to replace online. seems like that was a pain last i looked at them for a yeti. definitely a good buy imo.

Back
Top Bottom