• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paulding Forest WMA

Has anyone hunted the Paulding Forest WMA? Since I have not been able to get a lease or in with a club anywhere. I am thinking I may go start scouting there with my daughter. So at least I can get her in the woods this year for her first year hunting. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Do not want to step on toes or take anyone's spot out there. Just looking for thoughts and advise. I have never hunted a WMA before.

Rifle hunts sound like a war zone. Its crowded. Get far from roadways.

Rifle hunts sound like a war zone. Its crowded. Get far from roadways.

The first, general rifle hunt is usually a 4-day hunt, Thursday through Sunday. Thursday and Friday are buck only, but usually are the best days to avoid the crowds before the last two days, when does can be shot too.

The first, general rifle hunt is usually a 4-day hunt, Thursday through Sunday. Thursday and Friday are buck only, but usually are the best days to avoid the crowds before the last two days, when does can be shot too.

Yes. I was going to add that, but didnt want to type that much. I avoid Paulding Forest altogether. There are just better places to hunt in my opinion, but I've seen a couple nice bucks taken off there the last few years.

Reminds me of Pa.
Get in early....walt for the first light only to find orange blobs in almost every tree around you praying you don’t get caught in the crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom