• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Paul Revere saved us from this……

Other Dishonorable Mentions:

Faggots

proxy-image

Stargazy Pie

proxy-image

Toad-in-the-hole

proxy-image

Jellied Eels

proxy-image

And the ever-popular Spotted Dick (probably the most edible of the lot)

proxy-image
Well, that’s certainly not helping.
And in that last pic did the sauce come out of a spotted dick?

Dude, fresh-made english style custard is to die for.

This winter, you can have the warm equivalent of nana pudding. Bananas, nilla wafers and custard.

Can't be beat.

Dude, fresh-made english style custard is to die for.

This winter, you can have the warm equivalent of nana pudding. Bananas, nilla wafers and custard.

Can't be beat.
Take your word for it, but it sure looks like what this old country waitress in Duluth used to call ‘bloomer puddin’ ‘

I asked the waitress if there were any American dishes she didn’t like and she said meatloaf. I said meatloaf is great. You eat it hot for dinner, then the next day you eat a slice cold on bread with mayonnaise. She said she was getting nauseous just thinking about it, but she didn’t use the word nauseous. Can’t remember the weird word she used.

Other Dishonorable Mentions:

Faggots

proxy-image

Stargazy Pie

proxy-image

Toad-in-the-hole

proxy-image

Jellied Eels

proxy-image

And the ever-popular Spotted Dick (probably the most edible of the lot)

proxy-image
For some reason, none of your pics are showing up on my phone, so I googled them. Jellied eels look and seem beyond disgusting.

A few years ago, we were discussing my mother in law’s English ancestry and she mentioned she had never tried Yorkshire puddings. I had no idea what they were, so I googled a recipe and found one rated 5 stars, so I made these with a standing rib roast. Everyone loved them.

IMG_8047.jpeg

A few years ago, we were discussing my mother in law’s English ancestry and she mentioned she had never tried Yorkshire puddings. I had no idea what they were, so I googled a recipe and found one rated 5 stars, so I made these with a standing rib roast. Everyone loved them.

View attachment 6327122

They're not unheard of in the States - but I've only seen them up in New England, where they're usually named "Pop Overs". They really are good with a roast meal, provided they puff up.

Yes, jellied eels are disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom