• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Panhandling

If you see someone Panhandling do you help em' out?

• Yes,

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Hell No...

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Only if they are Honest, what they want the money for...

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Buy them Food instead...

Votes: 22 25.9%

• Total voters
Another panhandler story:
It was 2000 and I was working 2nd shift at the airport. I was on my way home coming down Camp Creek Parkway. My gas light lit up so I thought I would turn on to FIB and hit the gas station right by the I-20 on ramp beside the McDonald's. It was about 2am so my head was on a swivel. I was pumping gas and out of nowhere a group of three fine young men came up and axed me if I would like to buy a gold chain so they could get some "Food"at Mickey D's I told them " No I do not have any money " The leader of these youths suddenly moved closer to me and axed " How you gonna pay for dis gas? " I laughed and said " I am not paying for the gas" This seemed to confuse and yet embolden them to move closer to me. When they got right up to me I pulled out my Glock 23 and stuck the barrel in the closest young man's chest. I told him I would be happy to go inside and rob the gas station and buy him and his friends a burger before I drove off. For some reason they declined my offer and decided to quickly leave. I guess they were not that hungry?

not occurring here in Georgia yet as far as I know but cops are posing as panhandlers to catch seat belt and distracted driving violations. As if we needed another reason to get rid of panhandlers

It got so bad when I was working downtown that I was able to identify the usual panhandlers....I would head them off when they started walking towards me by shouting "Hey Big Man! Gimme a dolla!"

Once a guy came up to me to ask me for a smoke and I picked a butt up off the ground and gave it to him.

I had a guy at the center point metro say to me "Do you know why this is the best nation in the world?" I said nope and kept walking, he stuck out his hand and said "its because its the DONATION?" I smiled and handed him a 5. So sometimes, yeah.

I used to have to work some in gadsden, AL. There was a guy on the exit of I-759 there that at first I felt bad for. He appeared homeless and was wearing an old military jacket and a Vietnam vet hat. He had a cardboard sign that said "stranded veteran, trying to get home." I saw people give him money at that red light every day for 2 years! Somehow I think he could have made it home.

Pulled into a hotel in East Texas. Man comes up and says he needs $26 for a serpentine belt for his pickup so he can make it back home.
I gave him thirty cause I didn't have correct change. I felt good about helping him.

Two days later, about two blocks from the hotel I pulled into a McD's drive thru.
Guess who comes up and asks for $26 for a serpentine belt.

Do you help a fella out? View attachment 1071373

Yes, most of the time. If, they have a pet a Dog or Cat. I buy the animals food and water. Happens, to me mostly when I go to the VA Dental clinic. I have allot more than I need so the animal with the homeless person is to much for me, I was homeless growing up. So, I try to give back.

Back
Top Bottom