Palmetto State Armory's New Aluminum Flip Up Sight Review

Question is... Why would u want a spring assisted sight?

It's metal. If its spring assisted it will

1. Dent
2. Might throw off sight alignment
3. Make a noise like having your lower detached from upper and pulling the trigger slamming the hammer forward.

Although I like my troys.. These seem to be a cheaper alternative to the expensive troys. Good review and thanks. Time to order some

Question is... Why would u want a spring assisted sight?

It's metal. If its spring assisted it will

1. Dent
2. Might throw off sight alignment
3. Make a noise like having your lower detached from upper and pulling the trigger slamming the hammer forward.

Although I like my troys.. These seem to be a cheaper alternative to the expensive troys. Good review and thanks. Time to order some

??? I don't follow.

1. Why would a spring assist opening make a sight more likely to dent?
2. Same thing with throwing off sight alignment
3. Neither my YHM's or MBUS make more than a dull click. If I'm close enough to have to worry about someone or something hearing that, I'm not going to be wasting time opening BUIS. These PSA ones take quite a bit longer to deploy than my YHM or MBUS due to the lack of spring loading.

Are we talking about the same thing? When I say spring assisted I mean push button to snap up into position from the folded position.

I saw those and was curious- thanks for the review!

For now at least, I'm going to stick with my fixed sights. They're not in the way too badly when running an optic.

Bravo, Zombie. This is the kind of post I come to the ODT to see... We need more stuff like this that is actually informative and based on firsthand experience. Entirely too many posts here are the expression of consumer opinions on products the posting consumer has never owned or even handled.

??? I don't follow.

1. Why would a spring assist opening make a sight more likely to dent?
2. Same thing with throwing off sight alignment
3. Neither my YHM's or MBUS make more than a dull click. If I'm close enough to have to worry about someone or something hearing that, I'm not going to be wasting time opening BUIS. These PSA ones take quite a bit longer to deploy than my YHM or MBUS due to the lack of spring loading.

Are we talking about the same thing? When I say spring assisted I mean push button to snap up into position from the folded position.

To each his own. I'd rather no noise at all.

Like I said. Good review. Maybe I've been using my troys for long that it doesn't phase me to have to open them up.

To each his own. I'd rather no noise at all.

Like I said. Good review. Maybe I've been using my troys for long that it doesn't phase me to have to open them up.

Yeah, I think my dislike came because of how few BUIS I've used, just the standard fixed types, and my YHM and MBUS, both of which are push button. I didn't know there were manual flip up BUIS and I didn't read much about these because I was mainly focused on the Aimpoint.

I would caution against buying these if you do plan on moving them around much, the mounting is really the weak spot. I might have stripped one of these the first time mounting it just trying to get it snug enough.

Maybe I've been using my troys for long that it doesn't phase me to have to open them up.
I agree. It would not take a full second more to deploy manual sights than it would spring loaded. Mine pop up with my off hand thumb as fast as I can touch them.

My Diamondheads arent spring assisted and I love them. What got me on the review though is the tightening mechanism needing all that torque to stabilize them...I wouldnt like that at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom